Best Strategies for e-commerce shipping
As long-time providers of courier partners services, Avon Solutions and Logistics experts know that e-commerce delivery can be a lifesaver for businesses and consumers, and an e-commerce delivery strategy is critical to brand awareness and profitability. Many small businesses begin with a straightforward shipping approach to saving time and money. However, once they reach a certain point, they should become familiar with the logistics process.
Even though partnering with the best courier partners can be a powerful point of differentiation for your business, you cannot simply develop a strategy and then abandon it. To achieve e-commerce delivery strategy goals, you should increase the average order value and conversion rate. That’s not all. Find out more about interesting shipping strategies that can boost your e-commerce shipping landscape in this article we have compiled for you.
What Is e-Commerce Shipping? How Does It Work?
Ecommerce shipping includes everything from receiving and processing orders to packing, shipping, and delivering the orders. Shipping is a critical part of the customer lifecycle, and customer service must understand how shipping will affect customers at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
Shipping in e-commerce usually involves:
- Receiving and processing orders.
- Picking and packing the purchased product at a warehouse.
- Printing shipping labels.
- Even managing returns.
Your e-commerce shipping strategy should include a marketing plan, web design, fulfilment team, and customer service, team. Successful online stores combine several shipping methods into a comprehensive strategy tailored to their specific business needs and objectives. However, the three shipping considerations that are considered critical for online retailers include: calculating the shipping cost, packaging options, and keeping track of shipments and return requests.
To establish your shipping policy, you need to coordinate multiple teams and ensure that everyone involved in the pipeline is aware of their respective roles. Identify the appropriate people and develop a clear strategy. Then go for it!
The 12 Best Ways to Boost Your E-Commerce Shipping Process
- E-commerce businesses begin by hand-writing the delivery and return addresses for their products.
- Your e-commerce shipping partner should consider the appropriate shipping options and costs to help lower the cart abandonment rate.
- E-commerce stores should always include accurate delivery charges for the items they sell. This will prevent customers from second-guessing their purchase decision.
- E-commerce products need to be shipped by calculating the weight and size of the products.
- Shipping promotions can increase order value, but they must be displayed at the appropriate time.
- If you want to increase conversions, offer same-day shipping. However, unless you are exclusively engaged in local business, two-day or overnight shipping might be a more manageable goal to achieve.
- To increase conversions, offer the shipping options and price rates your ideal customers expect to see, increase the average order value, and lower your shipping costs. Live shipping rates from UPS, FedEx, and DHL are updated in real-time and can be used to cover shipping costs.
- Free shipping is a holy grail in online commerce, but it can be profitable if you ship many packages. Free shipping benefits your customers, but not you as a business. Free shipping attracts customers and encourages them to complete a purchase. Show them the option of expedited shipping.
- If you want to offer free shipping, consider restricting the geographic areas to which you offer it or offering free shipping while also giving customers the option to pay a surcharge for expedited delivery.
- Shipping can be charged at a flat rate or table rate. Flat rate shipping is refined through the use of table rate shipping. Standard shipping can be combined with expedited shipping at table rates based on the order value of your customers.
- Order management is an important part of shipping software that helps reduce inventory issues, fulfil orders promptly, and reduce errors.
- Ecommerce shipping can generate a significant amount of waste, so consider using environmentally friendly packaging filler and compostable mailers.
Shipping is more complicated than just delivering a package to a shipping carrier. Shipping is a stop along the journey of a customer’s entire customer lifecycle. Once your new shipping strategy is in place, assign responsibility to each team to report how well things are going.